Amuse Go To

To visit my Amuse Studio blog - Click HERE

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just Keep Swimmin'


Hi ... in today's post I will show you a few little things/tips that I do to add to my cards/projects to make them go from good to awesome!

For this project I used the new set Fishoodles. With this set you get 6 fish images for $3.00 .... what a GREAT deal!


First off I color the fish/sharks with my copics ... for this project I used C1 and C3 colors. I then cut them out with my scissors ... I like my Honeybee scissors (by Provocraft) for this task. They can get into tight spaces and I love the sharp point.


Then I typed up the sentiment on my computer and printed it on regular printer paper.


I then place the cardstock that I want the print on over the typed sentiment and adhere the top with removable adhesive and re-run the paper through my printer.


Here is what it looks like after it has been printed.


To add just a bit more to the sky I sponge ink on the background and edges of cardstock. I love Palette's Reflection Blue ink as a sky accent color.


Next I tore some darker blue cardstock with a white core ... this gives me white caps for the water. (NOTE --- I love tearing green for grass, brown for dirt/sand, and white for snow).


This is one of my favorite supplies ... Fun Foam Adhesive Sheets!
You can buy it in the kid's crafts aisle of your favorite craft store. It's about $0.99 for a 8.5" x 11" sheet. You can cut this up into small pieces and use it as pop-dots but it won't sag on you over time like normal pop dots might. It is also better/safer for mailing through the mail system.


Here is a side view showing the dimension on the bottom fish (I used white fun foam).


Here is the final card again ...

ENJOY!

1 comment: